SomersetFood.org is managed by
Sally Campbell, a Somerset resident with 25 years experience in
the food and drink industry, initially in production and latterly in sales
Sally says "I am passionate about food,
and about Somerset. I live in Axbridge, which for me is one of the top three places in
the world (my other favourites are Sydney and Bali!). I will never tire of the view across the levels that I wake up to every morning, or sailing my dinghy on Cheddar reservoir looking up at the Mendip Hills..
After completing my degree at Reading University, I trained as a brewer with Courage and then
worked as a Production Manager for Cow & Gate
in Wells, before moving to Bart Spices in Bristol, where I managed the sales team for WT Foods (their parent company at the time). I still do consultancy work for food companies.
Since having my children, now aged 7 and
8, my interest in local food and the Somerset economy has grown.
I talked about my idea for this website, bringing together everything
about good food and drink in Somerset, for almost a year and
got some very encouraging responses which spurred me into making
it happen. Several years later I am still discovering new delights every month!
SomersetFood.org relies on input from a regular team of food lovers,
as well as news and views from visitors to the site.
Are you organising a Food/Drink event?
Do you have
a news story or an idea for a feature?
Would you like to recommend
your favourite pub, restaurant or shop?
Want to tell us what you
think of the site?
We'd love to hear from you !
Or call SomersetFood.org on 07979 740729
SomersetFood.org, Houlgate Way, Axbridge, Somerset,
10 reasons to advertise on SomersetFood.org
1. An ideal opportunity to promote your business to foodies -
both residents and visitors - who care about what they eat and
are actively looking for new food experiences
2. The leading indpependenty website networking Food Producers, Food Retailers and
places to eat out in Somerset.
3. Run in Somerset, for Somerset by
food lovers and food professionals
4. News and events updates and customised E-newsletters
drive repeat visits to the site as well as attract new visitors
5. 95% of top UK advertisers use some form of online marketing
6. 72% of the population use the internet.
7. In 2008 64% of people made
a purchase or reservation online and many more made an offline
purchase/visit after seeing a company online.
8. Potential customers who have seen you online are 83% more
likely purchase/visit than those who have not.
9. Advertising revenue allows us to promote charities and not-for-profit organisations that do so much for the food and tourism sectors in Somerset
10. Simple and economical - we'll do all the work and our rates
are surprisingly reasonable, we'll add a link to your website, or act as your web presence if you don't have your own site.
for National Statistics, ETC New Media Review)
What are you waiting for?